Effective Date: July 29, 2019
By visiting the Site, or using any of our services available on or through our Site, you agree that your personal information collected through the Site and as otherwise described in this policy will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
Information We Collect Directly From You
Information We Collect Automatically
How We Use Your Information
How We Share Your Information
Security of My Personal Information
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
Children Under 13
Special Information for California Consumers
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) also provides you with additional privacy rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California rights under CCPA, see our IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Changes to this Policy
We collect information about you directly from you, from other entities, and automatically through your use of our Site or services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site and services. If you request a quote through our Site, we will collect your contact information (typically, name, email, contact phone number) and a description of the service in which you are interested. If you participate in a contest, we will obtain your entry information (contact information) and any pictures, videos, captions, or other information that you choose to submit to us for purposes of the contest entry. We also will collect any other information that you choose to provide to us in your correspondence with us.
Information We Collect From Other Entities.
- Our Franchisees. If you request a service through one of our franchisee’s websites, whether online or over the phone, we will receive a copy of your contact information and the service that you have scheduled with the franchisee.
- Marketing Companies. We obtain prospective contact lists from non-affiliated marketing companies.
- Social Network Platforms. If you tag us in a photo on Instagram or other social network site and you enter a contest or promotion, we will collect the information that you have posted to that site unless you have made your posting “private.” Please see the social networking site for information about their disclosure of information practices.
- domain name;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site;
- links you click on the Site;
- your IP address;
- location information (as provided by our analytics provider);
- the length of time you visit our Site and use our services;
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our services to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the services.
- To administer the customer loyalty program (if established).
- To send marketing emails about: (1) the Company’s products and services, including newsletters about our products and services; (2) products and services of our affiliated companies (and brands offered by those affiliates, as noted at www.theauthoritybrands.com); and (3) products and services offered by other brands within the Authority Brands family.
- We also may contact you by phone or text (with consent, as applicable), about our products and services.
- To enter you into contests and promotions in accordance with your request (note that separate rules apply to our contests)
- To assist us in determining relevant advertising content and media.
- To evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- See also our targeted advertising section discussed below.
- To better understand how users access and use our services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or customer satisfaction purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose your information to service providers that perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include entities that host our website, handle our billing, and assist us with our marketing campaigns, contests, or other promotions.
- Affiliates and the Authority Brand Family. We share your information with our affiliate companies, which includes other brands within the Authority Brands family (as listed at https://theauthoritybrands.com) that we think might be of interest to you. These brands may market their products and services directly to you. Our affiliates also may share your information with their respective franchisees, who may independently market their products and services to you.
- Other Visitors to our Website. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, testimonials, comments, text, photos, and videos will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and services.
- Facebook. We participate in the Facebook Custom Audience program. We share your email address with Facebook, which will assist in delivering relevant advertising to our customers who also use Facebook. Please see the Ad Networks section below for more information on Facebook Custom Audience.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates, are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with service providers to assist us with marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site, services, and on websites of other entities.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Flash Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Cross-Device Use. We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc.). We, and our service providers, also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on each of your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the Ad Networks section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Ad Network section.Ad Networks
As noted above, we disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience go here or to opt-out, go to the Facebook ad preferences page)—so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on third parties’ websites or media ("Custom Audiences"). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described below.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.Links
Our Site may contain links to non-affiliated entity websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.Children Under 13
Our services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personal information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.Contact Us
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.